Data Champion Summit 2017: FAQs

(Mariel Matze, Schoolzilla) #1

We can’t wait to welcome you to Summit this year! Now that we’re less than two weeks out (!), we’ll share a few more details with you about what to expect:

The Basics
Where will Summit be?
At the David Brower Center at 2150 Allston Way in downtown Berkeley, CA.

Is anything going on on Monday night?
Yes! We’ll help you break the ice the night before at our Welcome Happy Hour from 6pm-9pm. Just come on down to Triple Rock Brewery at 1920 Shattuck Ave, also in downtown Berkeley. This is a great place to connect with your concierge and if you requested an email intro to attendees like you, meet them in person here. First drink is on us!

Travel and Parking

How do I get there from the airport?
Whether you’re coming from SFO or OAK, BART is recommendable. Just board either a Richmond or Pittsburg/Bay Point-bound train and get off at the Downtown Berkeley station.

Where can I find parking?
Parking is typically scarce, so if BART or ride-sharing are feasible, you may want to consider those. If you are driving, this map of downtown Berkeley is an excellent resource (look for our venue on the corner of Allston and Fulton). It includes the following paid parking, in order of convenience:

• Oxford Garage: 2165 Kittredge St.
  • Allston Way Garage: 2061 Allston Way
  • Kittredge Garage: 2165 Kittredge St.

Help! What happens if I get lost on the way to Summit?
Call your concierge for help. You’ll receive an email with his/her contact information.

Hotels

Do have a hotel room block going I should book with?
Because we’re hosting at a non-hotel venue this year, there are no special rates, but you have plenty more options. Start here for ideas on accommodations.

Meals

Which meals will be provided during Summit?
We’ll provide breakfast, lunch, and a snack each day. Dinners will be on your own, and you’ll enjoy them-- Berkeley has so many good restaurants to try!

Packing My Bag

What should I wear?
Most people choose to wear business casual during Summit, but you’re welcome as you are-- the fashion police will not be on patrol!

What’s the weather like in Berkeley?
Check out the forecast here. The climate in the Bay Area is typically mild, though it’s be a good idea to be prepared for chilly nights and the chance of rain.

Anything else I should make sure to pack?
Don’t forget your laptop! Several of our sessions will require one, and we wouldn’t want you to miss out.

Partner Retreat

Where will this be held?
At Schoolzilla’s headquarters in downtown Oakland. The address is 2101 Webster St. Suite 1850. It’s very close to the 19th St. BART station and only a 15 min. drive from the Summit venue.

What times will it be held?
We’ll start at the same time (8:00am breakfast, 9:00 session start) and end at 2:30pm.

Other Questions
What if I can’t make it anymore?
Oh no! We’ll miss you. Please do us a favor and email mariel@schoolzilla.com to let us know. We’ll be able to grant you a refund up until one week before Summit (2/28), not afterward.

Still wondering about something? Just post below and we’ll add an answer for you. :smile: