A fantastic opportunity from the KIPP Bay Area School team-- read on for details, or check out their job description.
About KIPP Bay Area Schools
KIPP is a national network of 200 college-preparatory public charter schools with a 20-year track record of preparing students in educationally underserved communities for success in college and in life.
There are currently 11 schools in the Bay Area serving 4,700 students. These innovative, college-prep public schools are located in underserved neighborhoods of Oakland, San Francisco, San Lorenzo, San Jose, and Redwood City. Our newest elementary school will open in East Palo Alto, CA in the Fall of 2017.
We are looking for a Data Manager to join our relentlessly curious, entrepreneurial regional Data and Evaluation team. In this high impact position, the Data Manager will play an integral role in shaping our regional Data Strategy. We are looking for a data guru, who enjoys diving deep into data sets, uncovering key insights, and championing a data-driven culture. S/he will own our regional reporting platform, and help build out our data infrastructure, ensuring access. The ideal candidate will be an analytical, resourceful problem-solver and a skilled communicator. The Data Manager will work in our Regional Support Office in Oakland, and collaborate closely with our Academics, School Culture, KIPP Through College and Operations teams. S/he will report to our regional Director of Data & Evaluation.
With support from the Data and Evaluation team, the Data Manager will be responsible for:
Data Analysis and Visualization:
- Analyze school and student data, identifying trends and patterns and determining their implications for our practices in core areas such as teaching and learning, school culture, and talent
- Own our data reporting platform, developing deep expertise in designing, building and maintaining our report portfolio using Tableau and custom SQL reporting within our data warehouse
- Use Tableau, Google Apps, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, MS Excel, Powerpoint, or other tools to customize and create powerful, sustainable and user-friendly dashboards, reports and analyses to drive data-driven decision-making
- Develop and maintain clear documentation to ensure consistency of data definitions and procedures around data collection and reporting
- Complete ad hoc data analysis requests in a timely and efficient manner
Build Capacity and Drive Data Literacy:
- Develop training for teachers, staff and senior leaders on how toeffectively use data dashboards
- Help schools troubleshoot academic data reporting issues in a way that builds their internal capacity, developing training tools for the most common issues
- Partner with regional teams on data-related projects and initiatives
- Work with schools and regional staff to plan and prioritize short-term and long-term analytics needs
- Conduct needs assessment with teachers, staff and senior leaders around topics such as academic achievement (assessments, blended learning program usage, etc.), operational reports (staffing and development), and social and emotional learning (e.g,. school culture)
- Assess the quality of user experience for dashboards and tools and refine products as needed
- Collaborate with the Data team to develop and maintain a data warehouse that connects key student, academic, and operational data for meaningful analysis
More details on full job description posted here.
cc @elise_gresch and @caroline