See Director of Data posting here and copied below. The website has the link to apply. Thanks for sharing with your networks.
Job Title: Director of Data
Department: Shared Services
Job Category: Operations
Reports to: Superintendent and Chief Finance and Administration Officer
WHAT MAKES HARLEM VILLAGE ACADEMIES DIFFERENT?
Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working together to build an urban school district in Harlem based on the ideals and rich tradition of progressive education.
PROGRESSIVE EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
We believe students learn best through experience, deep engagement and discovery. We want our students to be intellectually curious, creative, and independent. We want them to love learning, to be articulate and reflective. Students should spend their school days constructing knowledge, grappling with questions, and doing the intellectual heavy lifting, with teachers as adept guides.
The Director of Data plays a critical role in supporting HVA students' success. By providing teachers and leaders with timely information, insightful analysis, and thought leadership using data, this role drives smart decisions and continual improvement across the organization.
● Analyze student and school data to improve student, teacher, and school performance
● Guide colleagues across the organization on efficiently managing data and using it to drive decision-making
● Continuously improve processes, create specialized systems, and implement new technologies, to improve organizational capacity for data-driven instruction
● Integrate databases of historical academic data into a single, longitudinal database
● Provide effective and inspiring management for a high-functioning, well-integrated data team
● Manage all external data reporting for SUNY, DOE, donors and other stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be a highly intelligent, driven individual with a passion for public education. They will have a track record of success in data systems, analysis, and reporting, including using data to recommend strategic improvements to an organization's performance. In addition, s/he will have all or most of the following:
● Five years or more in data analysis in an educational setting
● Experience managing others to achieve ambitious goals
● Experience using a statistics package and relational databases
● A self-starter with an extraordinary work ethic and capacity for problem-solving
● Commitment to be held accountable for results and hold others to high standards, with focus on results,
teamwork, and continuous learning
● Shares all HVA values, including a deep conviction that educators are accountable for student motivation
and learning at a high level
● Bachelor's degree required; relevant Master's degree strongly preferred
HVA is full of kind, generous people who are focused on results. We are willing to put in the hard work necessary to meet our ambitious goals. We go above and beyond for our team because we believe in and trust one another. We are all committed to the mission of Harlem Village Academies, and act in our students' best interest at all times. We are all entrepreneurs, and adapt quickly to change.