City Year is trying to transform how data is used to support students at risk of dropping out of school, and we need your help! Please read on to learn a little bit more about City Year and what we’re looking for. Learn more and apply at cityyear.org.
City Year is looking for an experienced and well-organized Senior Student Data System Implementation Manager (SDSIM) to support the implementation of a new student information system to support data-driven decision making in support of City Year’s mission. A member of the Student Data and Reporting team, the SDSIM will play a leadership role in supporting an emerging strategic partnership with a leader in the ed-tech space to streamline the collection, transformation and reporting on student data from City Year’s partner schools across the country. The SDSIM will sit at the intersection of a cross-functional team consisting of technology and program experts to support the thoughtful design, implementation, and evaluation of the new student data system. Through this high priority initiative, the SDSIM will help lead on system design, setup, maintenance, quality assurance and evaluation to ensure that end-user needs are met with excellence.
The SDSIM is a contract position through October 2019. Potential for contract to hire. The location for this position is flexible.
Essential Job Functions:
- Project manage the overall implementation process, including but not limited to: creating and maintaining project timelines, monitoring progress to goals, managing internal communications and facilitating meetings with key internal stakeholders
- Manage the setup and configuration of the new student data system
- Proactively monitor system usage and provide excellent customer service to end users
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative feedback from end users and stakeholders to inform direction and prioritization of future state system enhancements
- Monitor data quality within the system, including diagnosing root causes of data quality issues and making recommendations for changes in system design to address core problems
- Manage communications to ensure alignment between vendor and front-line program staff to ensure implementation goals are met; assist with troubleshooting as necessary
- Communicate high-level configuration & design decisions including implications of various choices to key stakeholders; facilitate a transparent process to get to decisions
- Maintain detailed documentation of system enhancements required to meet core operational needs.
- Assist with proof of concept, testing and quality assurance for system enhancements
Experience and Qualifications Requested:
- Experience as a data leader in K-12 education environment and demonstrated ability to successfully integrate and manage data across disparate information systems
- Demonstrated experience with design, setup, and maintenance of integrations between student data systems.
- Leadership of cross-functional teams including technical and non-techical team members to implement a new student data system
- Leadership of student data reporting to support instructional practices.
- Working knowledge of best practices in software development.
- Experience working with technology vendors to design and execute on new system features.
- Experience working with ed-tech startup directly, or through a district/CMO a plus.
- Experience with building student data reports utilizing well-known BI tools a plus (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.